Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Recent Project

My inspiration.

When I told Taylor I wanted to make new doors for the TV cabinet he was less than thrilled.  Maybe it is the mound of fabric on that table that needs to be sewn into pillows or the unfinished painting propped up in the hallway, most likely it is the spare bedroom that is filled to the top with my creative ideas.

Taylor worked late the day after I told him I wanted to do this, so I snuck over to Home Depot and got my supplies.

I finished this in just one day!  It was super easy and makes the space look much cleaner!  I hated all our dvd's being visible to everyone who came over so this was the perfect fix.

BEFORE                                              AFTER


 Picking the paint color and drilling the holes.  I felt like such a handy woman, the holes are definitely less than perfect.

Roomba helped clean up the mess

My little helper- This was our paint run right before Home Depot closed.  I love those late night trips to the store.

 We had the door open to air out the apartment and little bugs kept landing on the wet paint.  I am not going to lie, these doors probably have a bug or two painted in them.  It adds character right?

Finished project!  Yay!  I am planning on getting some different hardware, but I want it to be some fun vintage find so it will have to wait.  

I am pleased with the results and Taylor is even more pleased that it is finished and off the living room floor! 






7 comments:

  1. You two are the cutest ever! Love this blog and love the doors. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and super handy!! I am so jealous of your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, this project would have been even cooler; if the doors actually worked!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha oh my goodness dan is so so sooo funny. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu did a beautiful job, Shauna! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing your life with us through your blog! Love you, G & G Stewart

    ReplyDelete