Thursday, September 1, 2011

Union Jack

So anybody who knows me know that I love re-purposing things!  I found this shirt at DownEast for FOUR BUCKS on a shopping excursion with Amanda.   I was more than pleased with the end result.


               BEFORE                                                                                                    AFTER


Side detailing- tapered the front to be shorter and the back to be longer, I am definitely not a professional seamstress but it looks pretty good!


7 comments:

  1. fun! i love it. i'm excited to hear some stories about "the grandma's". where do you work now?! I think being an interior designer would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super impressed. I'm finding my sewing machine and joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea-I work at Michele Dunker Interiors up in Logan. I definitely love what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure make use of that sewing machine. impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw it I thought you bought it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! I love it!!! I think you should show a step by step tutorial on how to do that to a shirt for us NON-SEWERS that mess up a sewing project before they even touch a needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a non sewer Cami that a step-by-step would have probably taken away my glory on this particular project haha. But I should try it in the future!

    ReplyDelete