Monday, October 24, 2011

It's The Weekend Update With The Spencers!

The end of this week has been interesting.  I went to a routine doctor appointment on Thursday that ended in a minor surgery.  We have thought this surgery might be coming for awhile.  We just weren't expecting it so soon.  Those who know me personally will know what I am talking about, it's been a long road and hopefully this is the end!

The surgery went well,  it took place in Provo.  The only real pain I was in was when we were waiting at Walgreens for my prescription to be filled.  The people around me probably thought I was a freak, just sitting there with tears running down my face.  Luckily I wasn't gasping or snorting or any of that embarrassing stuff that can sometimes accompany my sobs.  Taylor was a trooper and held my hand through the whole thing.  He doesn't do too well with needles and blood etc... so the nurse brought him crackers and juice so he wouldn't faint.  He said... "the last thing I want to do right now is eat!!"

I was able to make it to work on Friday but took it pretty easy the rest of the weekend.  I am so blessed that I haven't been in very much pain and that I have been able to do quite a bit around the house. Sunday I taught my first Young Women's lesson, it was nice that I had a relaxing weekend beforehand to prepare it.

Here are some picture highlights of our weekend.


Taylor kept shooting me with his nerf gun Wednesday night.  It was SO annoying and he thought it was SO funny.  The next day our printer stopped working.  Taylor stayed up late trying to fix it and ended up going to bed  frustrated and assuming we would be buying a new printer.  The next day I walked in from work to find him on the phone with customer support for the printer company.  I started listening right as he said... "Oh, I found something.  It looks like a nerf dart from... (pause).. our kid's nerf gun." Hilarious.


This was the canyon on our way to my doctor appointment.  Gorgeous!

Kyle made his own treat on Sunday (pictured above) while I was making these homemade Twix bars (pictured below) for the Young Women. They were delicious, but don't look half as pretty as the ones on Pinterest!
  

Sunday night we went over to Taylor's parents' house and had a delicious stuffed pepper dinner with Nathan, Randy and Netta.  It was so great to relax and enjoy their company.  We have amazing families!

While all these things were parts of our weekend, the majority of our time was spent working on our Halloween costumes. Start getting excited folks.  They are awesome!



10 comments:

  1. Love the nerf gun story. Beautiful treats. Glad you're feeling well and had a good weekend. How did your lesson go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara says, "And what are your kid's names?" LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! So hilarious about the nerf gun!!! I can't wait to see your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK That is the funniest story I've heard in a long time. I was literally laughing out loud. Shauna, hope you're feeling good. The twix's and Kyle's treat look amazing. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that the Long Road is over! I am glad the surgery went well!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, that's creepy! This is Kyle - I'm just not signing in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shauna, I hope you do feel better! I guess my husband isn't the only guy freaked out about blood and needles......he always has to walk out of the room when I get my blood drawn or anything that has to do with a needle because he gets woozy!! :)

    ReplyDelete