Monday, November 7, 2011

Abbie's Party!

This weekend was Abbie's birthday party.  It felt like christmas at my parents house, everyone was there (except my bread-winning hubby) the kids were playing in the snow and presents were being opened. It was a great weekend.  For those of you who don't know,  I am trying my hand at cake making.  This was by far my most rushed cake ( I made it in under an hour).  It looks alright from the front, but the back was completely falling apart!  I had to shove toothpicks in it as I ran out the door. In the future I will A) let the cake set before I put the fondant on and B) make sure I leave time to do my hair so I don't look like Cindy-loohoo for all of the pictures.

 Abbie said she either wanted a Cheetah, Arctic Fox or Snake cake.  She is completely an animal lover.
I love Robbie's face in this picture. 

 It took Abbie a couple tries to blow out the cake with her two front teeth missing! 
Kara is in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat that the high school is putting on.  Shala and Adam and family went and saw it Friday night and brought the little star some flowers.  Way to show us all up!  Kara loved it.  



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all this! You seriously look A-MAZE-ING! The cake is, likewise, amazing! We missed Taylor! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! We are seriously Cindy-Lou-Who one-hour-cake-making twins! Same thing happened for Alice's birthday a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete