Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter Welcome



Kara was in the BEHS play of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Kara is a natural star, Broadway better watch out! It was so fun to go and watch her with my family.   I love my grandparents in this picture.  They look so happy like they always are!  I love them so much.   Ever wonder where I got my "funny face" for pictures?  Wonder no more.

For Shala's birthday we (Kristen, Jaron, Kyle and me) watched her kids so Adam and she could go to a BYU football game.   This is the kids after their baths by yours truly and their haircuts by Kristen.  They are enjoying their bedtime snack.  After babysitting for a night Kristen and I looked at each other and said, "You know, we could actually do this one day,"  ... and then I saw this picture of me!  Oh my, kids are a lot of work.  Shala became my superhero that night.

It was Anders' blessing last weekend.  I loved seeing my family and this cutie.  He was crossing his hands and we just had to snap a picture. 

This is my musical sister's (Shala) B-day cake.  This is probably my favorite cake I have made thus far.  I am definitely not an expert or even close, so I hope people don't think I am putting all these pictures up of these cakes thinking I rock.  I just enjoy doing it.  I think I like this cake because it is so simple.  

Well this isn't even half of what happened last weekend or this week.  It was Taylor's birthday which was wonderful.  I will post about that later.  I just have been so bad at blogging lately!  I will do better, cross my heart.

P.S.  This week one of our cars got a flat tire (on Taylor's birthday) and our other car wouldn't start when I went to leave work today.  What is worse than your car not starting when you are trying to leave work on a Friday?!  Oh I  know, your car not starting when you are trying to leave work on a Friday and there is 2' of snow on your car and a massive puddle of sludge by your door!  Needless to say the car is still sitting at work.

Welcome winter.  Let my love/hate relationship with you begin.


2 comments:

  1. Yikes, you talking about snow and sludge makes me cringe. I guess this means you're coming to OK for Spring Break? Yayyyy! Sorry about the cars... yuck. We noticed the bumper piece is missing from our Jetta! Just fell off somewhere and we didn't notice. We're ghetto like that. See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all this. I'm not sure I've told you that I don't like winter!! But when I think of winter I sometimes think of Shauna wrapped up in a blanket and sipping hot chocolate.
    Cute picture of you all babysitting. I've never seen a baby's fingers do that. That is now my favorite picture of Grandma and Grandpa. Crazy how we're making the same face :D love ya!

    ReplyDelete