Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Little Bit of This and That

We recently went to Kneaders for the first time.  It was absolutely delicious.  Our food looked like it was right out of a magazine. YUM.


Kneaders also has pastries tempting you while you are waiting in line.  I saw this cannoli and my eyes popped out of my head. I have seen cannolis on the 100 episodes of Cake Boss that I watch, but I have never tried one.  It did not disappoint.  It was divine.

Below are some pictures of our typical Saturday night.  Taylor does the church programs each week, so every Saturday we bundle up, head to the church, print off 100 programs, fold them, shoot some hoops, and then head back home.

This week I was especially excited to do this so I could try out my new gloves.  I have to say, they are the best thing I have discovered in a LONG time.  Notice how the pointer and thumb are a different color?  This enables me to use touch screen devices while wearing them!  It is amazing.  I didn't think they were going to work very well, but I can't get enough of them.


This is the new valance I made for our kitchen.  I should have done this a while ago, our old one has been pinned up since we moved in three years ago.  This took less than 30 minutes to make and looks 100 times better than our old one.  I used an existing drapery panel that I bought for $10 at DownEast, cut it to the right size, sewed a hem and BOOM, a new valance. 


It was Dan's 32nd bday this weekend!  We had a blast celebrating with him Friday AND Saturday.  It was a large party on Saturday, Derrick S. even showed up.  He is a gentleman and a scholar.  Cody and Stacy were up from Cedar City, they are such a fun couple to hang out with.  Move back to Brigham ASAP! 


Okay, one last thing; sorry this post has been all over the place.  Taylor recently discovered Gentlemint.com.  Ladies, you have to make your husbands check it out.  It is like Pinterest, but for men!  Taylor was as giddy as I was when I first found out about Pinterest, it was hilarious.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

7 comments:

  1. cute cute kitchen window! I want to see the extra bedroom! I guess I could just wait until Connie and Pee Wee put up their photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We came home the other day to Connie chilling on our sofa while Pee Wee was rearranging our furniture trying to fix the outlets... creepy :)

      Delete
    2. oh--I was wondering--who are Connie and Pee Wee??? The Hermans?? That is creepy!

      Delete
  2. good job on the valance, I need to do something like that for my kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought similar gloves for Jeff and Leslie for Christmas! I was so intigued by them as well... except I have no use for them what so ever. :) oh... and I'm digging the middle part. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna I keep forgetting to tell you your orange gloves are in our trunk! Didn't know they were still in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom I forgot I even owned those gloves! Are they the ones I left at Shala's? My new gloves have been feeling my glove void. Kristen, the gloves are amazing, even if you don't have a need for them you still need a pair :) Andrea, I mounted the Valance above the window so the window looks about 1' taller than it actually is, I am sure everyone knows this trick, but I thought I would make sure! It makes a HUGE difference.

    ReplyDelete