Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Favorite Products

Yesterday I had the best shopping trip with my gal Amanda. Highlights included:

Zupas (please Logan, get one soon!)
Gateway
H&M
and
Sephora

Below are my new favorite makeup finds!  I spent way too much money but it was worth it. My lips are red and my skin looks like it is airbrushed.  I am in love!

1. Amazonian Clay Tarte Foundation

I am so far from knowing anything about makeup, luckily the lady at Sephora pointed me in the direction of some much needed foundation.  My whole life I have been SUPER prone to breakouts and acne.  I have tried every kind of foundation, but nothing seems to stay on my face.  It literally melts off within an hour of me putting it on.  I kept this foundation on all night (disgusting I know) so that I could see if it really held up to it's 12-hour full coverage claim.  When I woke up this morning my face still looked baby smooth and It was not oily!  It is a little on the pricy side, but so worth it to finally have a foundation that stays on my face.


2. Lacome Paris Lipstick




I have been wary of the red lip trend.  Especially since I am blonde, I always felt like it made me look like a clown.  My boss gave me a large make-up kit from Nordstrom for Christmas, so I have been having fun experimenting with all the shades of lipstick.  I decided I didn't like the glossy red, the pinks or the corals.  They all just looked so silly and wore off within a matter of minutes.  After seeing multiple blondes with red lipstick I decided to give it a shot again.  This time I went with a matte finish,  I feel so much less like a clown AND it stays on forever.  I just ate an entire bowl of KiX and not a single bit of my Lancome lipstick is on the spoon!  My lips are still entirely red as well.  BUY THIS LIPSTICK.  Best investment.

8 comments:

  1. I know my opinion doesn't count for much, but I kind of hate red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like you hate patterned tights :) I think the general consensus on the male side of things may agree with you. But it is classic beauty!

      Delete
  2. If it's true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and most men actually do agree with me... You're doing it for yourself and other women. But even then, red lipstick is only beautiful to a maybe 50-60% of the population. Is there not some color option that is considered "beautiful" to 70-80% of the population?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving my red lipstick lately!! (a cool undertone to it makes our teeth look whiter too!)
    and yes Kyle you are right, we do only do it for other girls and ourselves, but it makes us feel confident and guys like confident women so indirectly we are doing it for you too. :)

    Yay for good foundation!

    Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good point Amy! Your skin always looks SO great. What foundation do you use?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. This is funny kyle... and true. But what does it matter. That is just how it is!

      Delete
  5. That's a link above. Hard to see with the style guide (hint)

    ReplyDelete