Friday, April 6, 2012

Coming Out Of The Fog

Well this weekend/week has been adventurous.  Here is what happened:

Saturday: Listened to conference while I baked cakes. Went to Kabuki (that restaurant like Tepanyaki but in Logan) with our friends Manda and Colbs and their cute niece Addison (why didn't we snap a picture?!). Then finished frosting and decorating the cake.  Traveled to BC (Brigham City- our home town) and hung out with my mom and sisters while the boys were at the priesthood session. We had a great time chatting and I even got them to try red lipstick!  You can see our photoshoot below :)




Shala we missed you!

Sunday: Woke up at my in-laws' and had such an enjoyable time watching conference with them and talking.  After the first session we took some amazing family photos that I hope to be sharing shortly! After a great dinner and some more family time we headed to my parents' house for a birthday party with my family for Kyle and Robbie.  So much fun!  Happy Birthday boys!


Monday (here is where it gets really interesting):  Worked vigorously from 9-5.  Washed and vacuumed the car.  Went to the gym and did a KILLER ab workout along with my cardio. Went grocery shopping, made potato salad, zuchini chips and cooked some asparagus. Cleaned up the mess I had just created and then decided to clean out my entire closet.  By the time I finished everything I had undertaken I was exhausted.  Finally crashed with the hubby at 1 a.m. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. and vomitted violently until 6:30 a.m.

Yup. Awesome.  I will spare you the details, but I had the full-on Flu. I pretty much couldn't get off the couch the entire next day.  I felt like death. I was SO achy and SO exhausted.  Turns out my mom and bro-in-law had come down with similar versions of my nightmare.  It was awful.  Taylor was the perfect husband and pulled the mini space heater by me while I ran a fever yet had the chills.  He made me chicken noodles soup - I only ate two bites, :( and even ran to the store to get me some sprite to calm the old stomach down.  He was perfect the entire time.  Seeing how caring he was, was the only good thing about those two days; the rest was pure awfulness.  You forget how wonderful health actually is until it is taken away from you. 

Well, finally I am coming out of the fog.  I was able to go to work and even start eating again.  Nothing like the flu to make you drop a few pounds!  Easter weekend is approaching however so I am sure I will gain them right back.  Hello Cadberry Eggs!

Jens loved the red velvet cake and I love Jens!
Look everyone!  A picture of Taylor and I together.  This seems to never happen!
Taylor is growing out his beard - so manly.






4 comments:

  1. And now I'm totally going to invest in some red smooch! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I think you should share all the gory details of your flu experience! Definitely blog worthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You look so much like your mom. 2. You vomited for two hours? That's ridiculously awful. 3. Nice beard T-bags. You could pass for a homeless man anyday. TWO WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK--must reply--Youth (Kara, Kristen and Shauna)looks much better in red lipstick!!!! hands down!!!!

    Kristen-ha!Shauna and I have already shared the gory flu details and they can only be shared among those that have had the same experience within a very close time frame! You will not feel bad at being left out on this one!!! :-]

    Fun cake Shauna--it made Robert's day!

    Here's to better health and fabulous spring weather. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I love how the kissy face picture turned out and i love kara's attitude in the next one :}

    ReplyDelete