Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finally Some Creating!

I have officially emerged from my non-crafting funk!

  Over the past month or so I have walked past these pants numerous times while shopping. 
My initial reaction was that I loved them, this surprised me since I usually stay FAR away from bold patterns.  

My second reaction was, "Honestly, who can pull off floral pants?"

I tried them on a couple times, once in front of Taylor.  He laughed for a while and told me they were hideous. So I threw them back on the clearance rack and for good reason... do you see how wide those beasts made my hips look?! And can you say, mom butt?? 

Then, about a week ago, the price dropped drastically and I knew I had to have them.  

I knew some sort of alteration was needed.  If I was 100 lbs and had toothpicks for legs I might have tried to pull them off as pants, but since I have the birthing hips of a rhino I knew I needed to revamp the design.  

Skirts are easy and they are a perfect way to dress up my work attire during the summer.  I can never have enough!  




I was surprised at how much material I had to take in.  I ended up making the skirt slightly constricting around the knee area, next time I will add a a slit.

Don't think I am crazy, but I went and bought a second pair of these today!!  I get so caught up in my projects.  I know now that I have done it once I can do it about twenty times better the second time.  Plus they were so cheap! 

Any suggestions for round two??



10 comments:

  1. Very cute. Maybe this will inspire me to get out of my craft funk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can see why you fell in love with those pants! Those colors are amazing!! They speak to me. I absolutely love the skirt decision! Your genius is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the second pair--fun idea. I think it's awesome you can make the skirt the length you want this way. And no I can't say that word! : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthing hips of a rhino...awesome.
    That may be the best thing I have ever read on any blog.
    The skirt looks way better. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW: You look so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are creative! I am impressed! Love, Grandma Stewart

    Your blogs are interesting to read and it is fun to see what you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already told you this on IG, but I LOVE this project! You rocked it big time. And birthing hips of a rhino? Shut your mouth, you at least have a figure! Maybe I will go to Anthropologie today and get some of these to copy... don't hate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2nd pair idea: Make the same thing and give it to me! You look awesome- great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I call the 3rd pair! and... has anyone mentioned those calves!? boom chica wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the comments! You all made me blush :)

    ReplyDelete