Thursday, May 3, 2012

Latest Obsession

I ran across S.R. Gambrel the other day while I was pinning and about wet my pants.  Every once in awhile I find a designer that truly inspires me.  What I love the most about Gambrel's designs are his use of windows and doors.  Mmm mmm mmm.  If my entry looked like the picture below I would be one happy camper. 

Most of Gambrel's interiors are a little over the top for my taste.  I love things simple, clean and hardly any color at all.  While he doesn't add a lot of color (just beautiful blues most of the time) he does add a bit too much "froof" for my taste... BUT... he designs so well and uses furniture and decor so differently then I would think to use them.  I suppose that is why I am so inspired by him.  While he may not be my 100% designer match up, he pushes me to think about things in a new way and I like that.  I like that ALOT. 







 Now let's move a little deeper in to my design lust world.  I have gone to Denver a couple times with my work, and have had the pleasure of attending a party at the house below.  Everything was white and dark.  Breathtaking.  I could have stayed all night.



Lastly, my favorite obsession is a designer name Stephen Volpe.  He was featured in an Architectural Digest a couple months back.  My favorite project of his is called the Antherton House.  I want the front of my house to look just like this (except no archy windows).

All white Carrara bathroom.  WANT. 

I am so happy today is Thursday! Saturday is Cinco De Mayo.  Any fun plans?




1 comment: