Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Limbo.

I always feel weird this time of year, like summer is over but fall hasn't quite yet arrived.   I feel weird wearing shorts, but it is still too warm for jeans. This "limbo" feeling has created some pretty unproductive days!  I hope that all changes within the next little while.

I am sure it will because we can't get enough of fall around here.  

Here is what we have been up to the past  few weeks. 
1.  My mom's birthday party!  I decided to get all crafty and made paper garland out of paper dots. Honestly, it was way too much work for the amount of impact it had in the room. But it was fun and I will keep the garland for a while!  My mom wasn't the only one getting presents at her party.  My brother Kyle brought back these adorable dresses for my sister Kara and niece Abby.  Best uncle/brother ever. 
2. Sprucing up the china cabinet.  There are few chores more fulfilling than polishing silver!

3.   Polkadot crazy. Just two examples of many I will be sporting this fall. 
4.  Camping with the Spencers!  We invented a new game called "Shalancing" (shovel balancing).  Rules:  Balance on the top of a shovel for as long as you can without touching the handle or the ground.    Nathan is the reigning champ with 64 seconds. I dare you to beat that!
My new favorite camping accessory is a head lamp.  Hand free light wherever you look! 
5.  Bike rides with my mother-in-law.  So much fun!  Taylor always has to find the most secluded spot for our tent.  This particular spot was close to the camp, but completely covered by a canopy of trees!  Beautiful.  Why does summer ever have to end?

6.  Perfect fresh peach shake from my hometown of Brigham City!  It just isn't Peach Days without one. 
 7. Night bike rides.  THE BEST.

8. Every fall I have an urge to dye my hair darker.  WHY do I do this to myself?  I know I like myself blonde and I know Taylor likes me blonde.  But hey, it is only hair; luckily it changes. Honestly the first week was a huge shock.  But now it has faded DRASTICALLY and I am liking it a lot more.  
9.  Sadly we had a wedding the day after my dark hair trauma...  If I could only turn back time.  Congratulation to Tim and Kelsey the prettiest couple ever! 
 10.  Taylor un-decorating the party.

Well, I can officially say my summer hiatus is over.  I am making it a goal to blog at least twice a week whether you all want to hear from me or not!  


6 comments:

  1. haha jake has that same face that Taylor's making. They are cut from the same cloth those too. Cool balloon set up! Wish we could camp with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post!
    1.The party was the best ever. You got some great pictures. We loved seeing your amazing house. I loved the garland! I did not make a big enough deal about how great it was that you did that and I'm so sorry it took so long. It really added to the party feel a ton. Thanks for hosting!!
    2. Holy cow, I loved your china cabinet when I was at your house. Abbie thought the sliver picture was so cool - so cool that you can get something that tarnished to look so great.
    3. Did you do some of those polka dots yourself? Have you ever got to finish with Kristen?
    4. Shalancing! The best! (Especially because you named it after me, I know.) Some super cute pictures of you on blog section #4.
    5. I don't know, I just love your pictures on #5. You have a very artistic perspective in your photography. Taylor helps a lot by always being in the right place with the right expression. :) He's just photogenic, what can I say?
    6. I want a Peach Shake!
    7. Isn't it scary to ride in the dark? :)
    8. Love the foil picture. Shauna, you always look beautiful, no matter what.
    9. Sorry, I got nothin' for this one.:)
    10. My kids just stared at this picture for a second. Then came: "He got to pop all the balloons!" "What did he pop them with?" "Why does he have that look on his face?" Ha Ha! Try explaining that one to a 5 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, Taylor and Jake should never be separated. Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shala you are so sweet!! I LOVED your comments :) You and your family are the best. I was so glad you were able to come up! I didn't make a big enough deal about everyone traveling so far just to humor me and my party throwing ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Shala for your comments. . .cause I was thinking some of the same things when I looked through this and now I don't have to type them. Hopefully I can help you out that way sometime soon!!!
    Shauna--we enjoyed every bit of this blog! Thanks for the enjoyment. And also thanks for my birthday party--it was great to have it somewhere different and also to have some space! love you lots!

    ReplyDelete